Dr. Spolight "FAQ" with Dr. Ryan Rucker
Our Spolight Doctor features Dr. Ryan Rucker. She has been practicing at Animal Clinic Inc. of Chattanooga for over a year.
How long have you been practicing? Where did you graduate with your DVM?
1. 4 years, I graduated from the University of Georgia in 2013.
Where are you from? How long have you been in Chattanooga?
2. I'm originally from LaFayette, but I consider the surrounding Chattanooga area home.
What pets do you have personally?
3. I have 2 dogs (Aspen, a lab/white shepherd mix and Layla, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever), 3 cats, and a few chickens! We just added 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats, Brie and Gouda, to the family as well!
What is your favorite part of veterinary medicine? Do you have a specialty or particular interest in the field?
4. I really enjoy emergency medicine, but I also like a good medicine case that requires some time and management because it requires me to think.
What do you do with your free time? (Interests, family, activities, hobbies, volunteer work, etc.)
5. Free time...what's that? Just kidding, but in all seriousness I have 2 year old so free time is minimal. We like gardening and being outdoors. We enjoy teaching our daughter how to care for the chickens and goats, and we recently received our license to market our eggs at the local farmer's market.
What do you think you would be doing now as a career if you weren’t a DVM?
6. I've always said that if I were not a veterinarian, I would probably be in human pediatrics.
What’s your favorite food?
7. Taco Tuesday for sure!
If you could visit any place in the world where would it be?
8. I've always wanted to visit New Zealand!
If you could be any animal for a day what would it be and why?
9. A cat, they can get away with doing whatever they want!